- Dates and times named for PRO12 semi-finals
- Did Munster get the game plan wrong this time?
- “I am so proud of my squad,” says Rassie
- Defeat for Young Munster: all the AIL updates
- Sarries show there is some way to go for Munster
- Munster A take B & I Cup title in Cork thriller
- Death of former Garryowen FC president and PRO
- Team named for Munster’s biggest game of the season
- Big night for Munster as A team seeks cup glorfy
- Fans are advised to make sure of final tickets
- Stander, O’Mahony and Murray will travel with the 2017 Lions
- Two mouthwatering Euro ‘semis’ this week-end
- Garryowen face ‘Wesley’ at home this Sunday
- Disappointment for Young Munster in Junior Cup
- First title for Bandon in Munster Junior Cup final
- ‘Munsters’ away in semis: Garryowen in AIL play-off
- Win keeps Munster on target for a home PRO12 semi-final bonanza
- Saracens rest their European players for Sunday
- Murray still injured as Munster name their side
- Romain Poite to referee Munster v Saracens
- Tyler leads the race for the Golden Boot award
- Young Munster target a successful week-end
- A clean sweep for Garryowen 13s in tournament
- Richmond retain the Transfield Cup in style
- Ulster are next up for second-placed Munster
- Young Munster and Garryowen carve out AIL victories
- Young Munster are seeking win over Con after tonight’s AIL results
- Ireland’s under 18 squad includes three Limerick schools players
- Deysel to make his debut against the Warriors
- Two crucial AIL games in Limerick this Saturday
- UL Bohemian women march on to the AIL final
- Semi-final on Saturday, April 22: update on injuries
- Thrilling Gleeson League final won by Garryowen
- Brotherly love may guide Richmond to victory
- Second half revival sends Munster roaring into the Euro semi-finals
- Three tries as Munster A reach the B&I cup final
- Coach, player sum up Munster’s chances of victory
- Powerful Munster side is named for quarter-final tie
- Wooton, Johnston brothers on Munster A team
- UL Bohs’ Women finish round robin stage in style
- Garryowen continuing to fight for AIL 1A survival
- Young Munster march on to Junior Cup final
- Downes kicks Young Munstet into final
- Young Munster maintain their AIL league challenge
- Newcastle West secure second spot in MJL div one
- Munster name team for Zebre PRO12 away fixture
- Garryowen’s Peter Malone is u20s head coach
- Jack O’Donoghue’s form will be watched by Joe
- Champions Cup quarter finals facts and figures
- Young Munster have Junior Cup on their mind
Ulster are next up for second-placed Munster
- Updated: 09/04/2017
IT appears that Tyler Bleyendaal’s (pictured) departure from the field last night was purely precautionary and the out-half should be available for next week-end’s game against Ulster at Thomond Park. The New Zealander’s collision was not a serious one and he appeared fine as he left the field.
The win over the Warriors was hard-earned. James Cronin’s early try signalled another comfortable home win for the reds but the Scottish visitors were certainly up for the challenge and their magnificent defence constantly deprived the home side of scores. Bleyendaal’s converted that first half score and Rory Scannell’s penalty had Munster 10-0 in front. Ronan O’Mahony was deprived of a certain score by a clever tackle on the line.
The Glasgow try was the result of a freak bounce of the ball. Andrew Conway appeared to have the situation under control but he somehow got on the wrong side of the bounce and Stuart Hogg punishes the slightest of errors, careering through for a try under the posts which was converted by Finn Russell. The final stages were tense for the home fans, Glasgow setting up a series of attacks but once again the Munster defence was superb.
After 19 games in the Guinness Leinster top the table with 74 points, Munster second on 72, Osreys 65, Scarlets 63, Ulster 63 and Glasgow 52 with three games remaining.
Next up is Ulster in Thomond Park for Munster next Saturday.
Munster’s new signing Jean Deysel impressed in his first taste of Ireland competitive rugby and should be an asset for the business end of the campaign.